Wanya Morris has delighted us for decades with romantic tunes but now, the Legendary R&B group Boyz II Men founding member, is currently a competitor on season 22 od Dancing with the Stars.
Wanyá Jermaine Morris, born July 29, 1973, found fame as a member of the Grammy Award-winning group Boyz II Men, also described as the most successful all boy-group from the 90’s. Wanya along with his fellow Boyz II Men members, dominated the music charts in the late 1980s and early ’90s with slow songs, R&B grooves and dance hits.
Wanya, who is dancing with Lindsay Arnold, is also using Dancing With The Stars to help him get into the best shape of his life. Source reveal to HollywoodLife, he’s ready to shed a few pounds while dancing his butt off on the dance floor.
1. Wanya Morris was originally part of a quartet
During the 90’s the group found fame as a quartet, including: Wanya Morris, Nathan Morris, Shawn Stockman and Michael McCary –who left the band in 2003.
2. Wanya Morris us the group’s second tenor
He has helped the group achieve international renown over the past two decades. One most renowned R&B groups of all time, Boyz II Men has created some of the most iconic albums in music history.
3. Wanya attended Philadelphia High School for Creative and Performing Arts.
He along Shawn Stockman, and Nathan Morris, formed Boyz II Men as students.
4. Wanya Morris was expelled from Philadelphia High School for Creative and Performing Arts.
Morris remained with the group despite expulsion and graduating instead from Willingboro High School.
5. Wanya Morris and singer Brandy worked together
Wanya and Brandy were said to be dating after touring together. They even did a duet, “Brokenhearted,” in 1995.
6. Wanya Morris allegedly dated singer Brandy
Morris and Brandy used to be an item during her teenage years. The alleged couple caused media backlash because Brandy was underage at the time.
7. Wanya Morris has also released a solo album
He went on to release a solo album entitled Millennium Renaissance.
8. He founded is own record label
He started a record label called The Company Entertainment.
9. Wanya Morris has been married since 2002
He lives with his wife, designer Traci “Toi” Nash, and children in New Jersey.
10. Wanya has had weight issues his whole life
The 42-year-old has faced issues with his weight his entire life but he is looking to get into shape and adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Will you be rooting for Wanya Morris? Find him on Instagram here.
Trending on Wagcelebrity.com: